Before buying a website online, it is important to contact the seller and learn as much about the websites past and present traffic history, income reports, pagerank and all the features the website offers before you invest any of your hard earned money. Below are some of the most important questions to ask the website seller before purchasing a website online.
10 Questions You Should Ask Before Buying A Website Online.
1. Was the website designed by you or your organization or are you just licensed to resell it?
2. Can you construct and build the site to my specifications?
3. What is the legitimate name of your business or company?
4. Where is your business or company located?
5. When was the domain registered that you are promoting and selling?
6. Can you furnish traffic & income details to back up your promotion as established?
7. Where is the site currently hosted?
8. Is this you or your company`s primary business or do you do this in your spare time and have another occupation?
9. What hours of the day or days of the week will I be able to reach you to address and discuss my site.?
10. If the site comes with a domain name, will the domain name be transferred to the new owner?
Key points to buy a website online
Buying a website online and operating the site can be an adventurous & profitable business venture. The essential ingredient to it`s success is you...the webmaster. Your efforts and determination to drive traffic to your site. The website ought to have something you have knowledge in of or something you can relate to..."something that interests you". In any event if you are into health but buy an online site about music then you will find the task of promotion exhausting & ultimately uninteresting.
It is hard to dedicate time to something if you don’t have interest in it. Do yourself a favor and check out the marketplace. Execute searches on Google, Yahoo and Bing for keywords relating to the site you are interested in buying. And most importantly ASK QUESTIONS. Remember you are the one spending your hard earned money and have the right to know what you are buying.