Since WordPress is increasingly taking a drastic role in our life regarding content management system tool; it is quite obvious that half of the population will switch to WordPress tool.
Here I am introducing few basic steps that will guide you to work with typical WordPress migration:
Evaluate your WordPress website:
While working with WordPress content management tool, it's equally important to manage each and every WordPress website by identifying and discovering numerous of content standards such as standard pages, photo galleries, resource pages and working with any other special sections of WordPress tool.
Managing your WordPress platform:
Once you are done with WordPress settings, you can easily work with importing documents.
Importing every unique content:
This section lets you manage as well as organize your wide number of WordPress contents that can easily be achieved by importing unique WordPress tool, manual entry process and numerous of custom importing process.
Migrating into numerous of WordPress designs:
Incorporating your each and every WordPress content designs into a customized WordPress theme is no more a difficult task.
Reviewing your WordPress website
WordPress lets you review any relevant content website by accessing essential adjustments as and when needed by users.
Manage your WordPress account
- Well when you start creating your WordPress account, whether you are installing WordPress on local basis or with your host provider server, you need to follow few basic steps:
- Access the desired WordPress link to activate or install WordPress local server. Installing WordPress with a web host is quite simple to have.
- Users can easily choose to install or activate WordPress application on a separate domain or in their own directory.
- Access the settings option
- Access the tick box in your WordPress account
Steps involved in designing your WordPress website:
This section defines a proper way to develop your WordPress account? There are several different ways to make your WordPress account a presentable one in front of people:
- Design a WordPress theme from the scratch
- Try downloading a theme from your WordPress account, else download your free WordPress theme from your WordPress account section
- You can also prefer designing your wordpress Theme
- Download WordPress theme frameworks
- Users can easily convert various existing HTML template into a WordPress theme
- One can try purchasing unique multi-purpose WordPress themes.
Here in this section I will discuss how to transform a static HTML website into a WordPress site:
Converting HTML to WordPress
It does not matters that how your WordPress site has been coded when once visitors start loading a page on your WordPress website. Browsers put all the server side images together to convert them into a final static HTML pages. There are few websites that consist of few .php file extensions by acting as calling a file that is known as a header.Inc extension and another file known as footer.php extension. So when once a user visits the .php page in the browser, the final source code will be in the same page giving it a look just as if you have coded it in a static HTML page. This is an essential coding feature that is often accessed to convert an HTML site into a WordPress site.
Next step defines how to import your contents into WordPress ?
- Importing any HTML Page with WordPress Plugins involves the following functions:
- After proper activation process, you need to go to the options page by enabling few choices right over there.
- Either choose to create and design multiple pages or try to post a page. You cant work with both the fields at once.
- Next it is necessary to recognize your contents thouroughly without accessing any template coding features, sidebars, footer and many other such things. You will often come across the following features: div with an id of “content” that is coded as <div id=”content”>all my content was here on each page</div>).
Automatic HTML site conversion into WordPress site:
- Exporting your WordPress website content
- Automatic discovery method for your WordPress website contents
- Customize your each and every exported content
- Easy installation process with your standard WordPress data format tool.
Easily transform any of your WordPress websites into a WordPress blogging website to engage multiple online blog viewers easily. Any WordPress site can be developed as well as designed with the help of custom framework as well as advance static HTML files.
Exploring your WordPress websites and automatically following a content filtering process to export your new WordPress site. Once your WordPress exploring step is finished, its easy for users to review which all pages needs to be exported? This highly advance content management tool lets us customize about which all pages are required to export by availing an option to preview those exported pages.
At last we proceed towards the downloading process of xml coding patterns with each of your WordPress site contents easily. This file would be accessed in standard WordPress XML file. Users is asked to Log in to their WordPress admin account and proceed to import various contents. Further, this can be handled by proceeding to Select WordPress import option, loading numerous XML files and finally you are done with this step.
Unlike other options that allow us to import various WordPress plugins, this service does not need any high-level programming knowledge or any complicated configuration tools. By taking a proper concern about any WordPress content or its related features, its extremely an easy option to migrate your HTML site contents into any WordPress site.
- Designing and creating eye-striking WordPress themes:
- Designing highly effective customizable WordPress themes.
- Fetching all types features used by your designing pages such as CSS and JS images
- Keep up-to-date with all relevant URL pages to directly point towards an original domain.
- Grab every features being used within every CSS files.
Generate PHP files with clean HTML5 code:
Well if you have your wordpress website and have keen interest in creating one personal blogging WordPress website with the same design, then you are in right place from where you can refer various tools:
Grab a page from your site that you would like to use them as a WordPress theme on which you will be working on.
In theme editor section of WordPress, it will further allow users to configure the verbal section of contents of blogs that is to be placed on in-order to grab an opportunity to exclude all the elements that are required for your blog posting. Once done with this step, it is easy to download numerous of WordPress themes with which you prefer working with at the time of blog posting. WordPress's one of the biggest advantages is that it's free from any technical glitches that might occur at the time of working with WordPress tool.
Every WP theme editor encourages every user to turn the HTML website into an attractive WP theme. This can be achieved in simple two steps:
Its highly recommended not to steal away any other WP themes to avoid serious issues. Make sure that you have full access to authorization before creating any WordPress theme from another page.
Working with high-level dynamic pages of AJAX framework requests might not function correctly. So, in this case using a static start page would be the best option.
Here theme editor works best with all recent Firefox and Chrome versions.
Steps involved in manually converting your HTML site into a WordPress website:
Sometimes you need to create your customized themes if you want to work with various other WordPress functions and not only you are confined with convert HTML website into a WordPress website. It further involves creating numerous of new folders as well as various files, copy pasting features and then finally uploading exact results. For such things, one need to work with a coding editor such as Sublime, Notepad++ and easily get access to both HTML website directory as well as with new WordPress install’s directory.
The first step includes developing an all new theme folder and various necessary files and folders:
- Create a new files and folder to hold your most wanted theme files.
- Second, create a few files that fit into your code editor software. This requires following CSS and PHP features:
Style.css Index.php header.php sidebar.php footer.php
Copy and paste all the existing CSS files into new stylesheet:
If any user is looking for copying a design from the site, then this probably defines few CSS that you want to save. So the very first step will be editing your file that you’re going to use for editing is your Style.css file.
To begin, add the following to the top of your file.
Theme Name: Replace with your Theme's name. Theme URI: Your Theme's URI
Description: A brief description.
Author URI: Your website address.
After this section simply paste your existing CSS below. Save and close the file.
Isolating the most recent HTML
WordPress purely uses PHP coding features to call and retrieve every piece of data from its existing database. Next, each file is designed to guide WordPress about various sites of the contents that need to be displayed properly.
Final step of working with index.php File:
Finalizing all your new index.php file, users need to access to call up the other section that are included in other various files you’ve created earlier.
At the very top of your index.php file, place the following line of php.
<?php get_header(); ?>
Then, at the very bottom of your index.php file, place these lines of php.
<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>
And finally, we have to add what’s called The Loop. This is the primary bit of php that WordPress uses to display your post content to visitors. So the final step in creating your new theme’s index.php file is adding the code below within the content section.
<?phpif( have_posts() ) : ?>
<?phpwhile( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
<h1><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1>
<div class="header-meta-section"><spanclass="author"><?php the_author(); ?> |<span class="posted-date"><?php the_time('M j y'); ?></span></div>
</header><!-- .entry-header -->
<?php the_content(); ?>
<!-- .entry-content -->
<?php edit_post_link(); ?>
</footer><!-- .entry-footer -->
</article><!-- #post-## -->
<?php endwhile;/* rewind or continue if all posts have been fetched */ ?>
<span class="alignleft"><?php next_posts_link('Previous Post'); ?></span>
<span class="alignright"><?php previous_posts_link('Next Post'); ?></span>
</div><!-- .article-navigation -->
Author Bio : Sophia has been working as a professional in WordPress theme customization company and loves sharing information about leveraging multiple benefits of WordPress in the best possible manner. Currently, she has an impressive count of WordPress web development-related articles under her name.